Format & Call Letters
NewTalk - KZLS-AM
1640 The Eagle is Enid's NewsTalk Station.
WLRT 1640 The Eagle delivers real talk from the nations’ talk leaders, providing clear and well-thought-out positions on issues being discussed across the country. Intelligent talk and no rhetoric.
More Adults Listen To NewsTalk Radio 6 am-7 pm Than Any Other Radio Format!
1640 The Eagle is targeted to reach Affluent Men 25+ with high earning power in their prime spending years.
- The NewsTalk Format is the No.1 format weekday mornings across America.
- The NewsTalk Format dominates adults aged 35 + and is #1 with 55+ plus listeners.
- The NewsTalk Format has some of the most educated and affluent listeners.
- The NewsTalk Format has an equal balance of listeners at home & away.
- The NewsTalk Format is the 2nd most listened to format in the 25-64 demo.
Research has shown that News Talk Radio is over 3 times more effective in general advertising results than music stations, making it a must-buy for advertisers wanting to increase business.
1640 The Eagle is a very effective way to reach new customers with a high disposable income.
1640 The Eagle targets listeners in their prime spending years.
Age Profile: 1640 The Eagle targets the affluent 25 to 64 demographic. Approximate age breakdown:
- Adults 18-34: 15%
- Adults 35-54: 35%
- Adults 55-64: 25%
- Adults 65+ : 25%
Gender Profile: Approximately 70% of 1640 The Eagle's listeners are males, 30% are females. 70% of this consumer group falls significantly into the important 25-64 age group.
Marital Status: Over 70% of 1640 The Eagle listeners are married or engaged.
Occupation Profile: 1640 The Eagle targets individuals who are employed full-time in a variety of occupations including owner, manager, professional, clerical, trade, skilled sales, and technical.
Education Profile: The NewsTalk Format attracts listeners that are some of the most educated of all listeners to radio.
- 56% Completed College or more.
- 18% Have completed some college.
- 22% Completed high school.
- 74% of 1640 The Eagle listeners have attended college.
Activities: 1640 The Eagle attracts listeners who are very active participating in exercise and fitness, biking, golfing, gardening, and hiking. 1640 The Eagle listeners enjoy going out to music concerts, sporting events, bars, and restaurants.
1640 The Eagle listeners are a demographically appealing group that includes high-income earners and is a very effective way to reach new customers.
Market your business to thousands of potential customers each week with 1640 The Eagle.
1640 The Eagle Listeners Have Spending Power!
High Disposable Income: Approximately 65% of 1640 The Eagle listeners have a household income between $50,000 to $75,000+
The NewsTalk format targets listeners with high earning power in America.
- Over 40% of NewsTalk listeners across America have an income of over $75,000.
- Over 24% of NewsTalk listeners across America have an income of $50,000 - $74,999.
- Over 23% of NewsTalk listeners across America have an income of $25,000 - $49,999.
1640 The Eagle NewsTalk is one of the most powerful performing formats for advertisers today!
Consumer Spending And Investment Profile
1640 The Eagle's NewsTalk Radio format attracts consumers that spend heavily in the following categories in the past year.
Many of 1640 The Eagle listeners:
- Purchased books in the past year.
- Purchased garden supplies in the past year.
- Purchased flowers as a gift in the past year.
- Purchased men's clothing in the past year.
- Purchased men's shoes in the past year.
- Purchased women's clothing in the past year.
- Purchased fine jewelry in the past year.
- Purchased children's clothing in the past year.
- Purchased wine and beer in the past year.
- Purchased goods online on the Internet in the past year.
- Purchased small appliances in the past year.
- Purchased a vehicle in the past two years.
Investments: 1640 The Eagle targets listeners who have high incomes, are homeowners and invest in mutual funds, stocks/bonds, retirement programs, and investment real estate.
1640 The Eagle targets listeners with retail purchasing power.
1640 The Eagle listeners in the past year:
- Purchased a wide variety of electronic devices including computers, tablets, smartphones, MP3 players, and HDTVs.
- Were big consumers of furniture, mattresses, major appliances, and automobiles.
- Purchase fine and costume jewelry, cosmetics, perfume, and skincare products.
- Enjoyed going out to fine restaurants often every month. Over 80% went out in the past month.
1640 The Eagle listeners are in their prime income and spending years.
1640 The Eagle listeners have spending power!
1640 The Eagle targets homeowners. A huge category with these consumers is home improvement and home decorating.
Home Spending: 1640 The Eagle listeners spend heavily in these areas.
- Interior painting/wallpaper
- Landscaping or yard improvements
- Exterior painting/staining
- Energy conservation projects
- Floor tiles or vinyl flooring
- Installed windows or doors
- Other home projects
Over 50% spent more than $5000-$10,000 on home improvements and renovation in the past two years.
1640 The Eagle targets listeners with large retail purchasing power.
1640 The Eagle Is Built For Advertisers
Talk is radio's most-listened-to format, capturing a 16.9% share of radio listening among all listeners, age 12 and older.
Talk radio is foreground radio. Unlike music radio, talk radio commands attention. Talk radio listeners aren't just button-pushers who stop pushing buttons when they hear a song they like. They're LISTENING, closely.
Talk radio is the best environment for an advertising message. Because Talk Radio is the spoken word, commercials don't interrupt programming the way they halt music Radio. In music radio, the most common point of tune-out is when a commercial begins. Yet Talk listeners regard commercials as informative.
Talk radio is a resource. Because listeners use it for news, weather, sports scores, and business news, listeners find talk radio informative. They BELIEVE what they hear.
Talk radio listeners are more involved. Because they're paying attention, and bonding with on-air personalities, they're more likely to respond to advertising messages.
1640 The Eagle is unique from other radio formats. Due to the nature of this format, people listen to 1640 The Eagle differently.
1640 The Eagle is a high-impact foreground listening medium. We cater to affluent, fast-paced professionals who love to hear the latest news, sports, weather events, and stories.
1640 The Eagle listeners are actively listening to get the information they want. Your commercial message cuts through and gets heard on 1640 The Eagle.
1640 The Eagle is built for advertisers. We deliver an affluent audience that can't be reached by any other radio station making 1640 The Eagle a great investment to help you get more customers.
1640 The Eagle NewsTalk format is one of the strongest radio formats in the USA today!
1640 The Eagle Line-Up Monday To Friday
1640 The Eagle features some of the most highly rated talk programming in America.
5a-8a Hugh Hewitt
8a-11a Mike Gallagher
11a-2p Alex Jones
2p-5p Dave Ramsey Show
5p-8p Joe Pags
8p-9p Dan Bongino
9p-12a Todd Schnitt
12A-5A Red Eye Radio
1640 The Eagle can help you make the right marketing decisions to grow your business and reach thousands of potential new customers each week.
1640 The Eagle Coverage Map
We cover the following counties: Garfield, Kingfisher, Canadian, Grady, Stephens,
Caddo, Blaine, Major, Logan, Oklahoma, Cleveland, McClain, Pottawatomie, Lincoln,
Seminole, Pontotoc, Murray, Woods, Woodward, Alfalfa, Grant, Noble, Kay, Dewey, Custer & Washita
To Learn More How Radio Can Help
Grow Your Business Click Here